Sunday, November 28, 2010

Creativity / Design / Reading Material


I find Creativity to be a very in-depth subject in that it has many different meanings and or levels. Everyone forms different opinions and have different perspectives of the events that happen in their life. I would have to conclude that everyone has a different level of Creativity, with more in certain individuals, but I feel that everyone is capable of being creative. I also feel that it depends on your chosen direction or path in life that may limit the creative side of your brain such as the classes you take or possible music you listen to. After taking part in high school art classes, I found that the best way to be creative to study others and to manipulate what you could call the fabric in front of you in your own way. I feel that with the new age of design and computers, I have a thorough background in all the different Medias and have the ability to be creative in my own way. I would say that it all depends on our ability to adapt and form. 

Books that I have read to indulge my more creative side are previous ceramic based processes which include firing and glazing techniques. Parallel Worlds, which is a book about our current dimension. Ballistics, which is a book about warfare technology in the past. The Subjects I would like to know more about are space related material or astronomy, ceramics, aeronautics, and alternative energy sources.