Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Conclusion


I have learned a large amount of material in this class ranging from initial design techniques to optimization and ethics. I found this class to be very engaging and am almost happy to see the continued high attendance throughout the semester, instead of a decrease. I feel that this class is very important in helping us to be a better rounded Engineer and has provided us with sufficient techniques that can be utilized in the workplace. I have a good understanding of the design process and hope to someday use this knowledge in helping others to properly weigh and position each possibility instead of acting stubborn or immature. There are many constraints that should be considered while designing a product or method that I believe could be made from our experiences in Engineering practices such as manufacturing, calculation, experimentation, and design. I think that a good design is one that is well rounded and covers all the constraints such as a six sigma design that falls in a proper range between the upper and lower specs. I feel a bad design would be one that borders on either the upper or lower spec and does not meet all of the constraints or requirements. I feel that my background with ceramic art, digital art, wood construction, electronics and robotics, material learned during college, and my overall sense of approaching a problem would help me in designing new products, systems, and devices.