Thursday, December 9, 2010

Decision Making / Problems


As with any task I’m confronted with I slowly start and progress by finishing each separate section as if it was its own project. After an initial outline of what I’m going to accomplish, I break up the job into smaller sections that can be completed. This I feel divides up the work into manageable completions and gives you a better understanding of your initial basis. Other individuals may approach problems by looking at it as a whole and slowly completing the entire thing. This I feel gives you a different understanding of the problem and may or may not give you a better understanding of the problem as a whole.

I work at Tops friendly markets and one of my jobs over the weekend is to design the new displays of items going on sale for the following week. It seems that both of my managers approach the problem of design in different ways than myself because they believe that the visually aspect of the design will be the deciding factor. I on the other hand choose to spend my time in positioning the movable table to the final position and then slowly including the necessary pieces I need to complete the display. I’ve never kept track of the overall time in designing the display but it seems that so far this year, my designs don’t require any altering. My choice in either drawing or thinking up the final display is different from my managers but I can’t decide on which way is better. It is the simple fact that everyone approaches problems in different ways.