Monday, December 6, 2010

Group #13

I feel that with a five person group, we were able to approach both the mini-projects and our design innovation communication from different angles and to properly conclude on the best idea. Each person in our group had their own work experience that could be utilized in our projects. We took different strategies from class and combined them in what I believe to be a successful decision matrix or making process. I believe that the methods covered early on in class such as the ranking system were very useful because we elaborated on this idea and created multiple matrices and weight systems for the House of Quality. Each group member was able to understand our matrices and design development, so we believed it to be a thorough description and understanding of our final design. From conversing with other groups, I feel that they worked differently due to their backgrounds and experiences so far in Engineering. Each group approached their final design in different ways and used different methods from each topic in class to support their decision. Through each mini-project and our design innovation communication, I felt that my role was to be the initial idea starter because I would start by making either a matrix or excel spreadsheet and then the rest of the group would try to jump in. I favor using excel so I believe my role in the group was crucial in making our decision clear and well thought out instead of randomly choosing one of the designs that may currently be in use.